Monday, August 21, 2006

MM Vol 1 - 137 - Radiohead



MM Vol 1 #137

Radiohead

"Street Spirit"

(1995)
.
.
Genre:Alternative
What a breath of fresh air Radiohead was in the 90's, "Grunge" was taking over the world, (Don't worry, i love Grunge music, it got rid of that dribble pop & hair metal from the 80's) Radiohead were so classy and so far ahead of their genre that even today are still regarded as the best of "Alternative" music, period. Muse are definitely come the close second.
"Radiohead attributes a great deal of depth to "Street Spirit (Fade Out)", beyond the level typically perceived by its audience. Lead singer Thom Yorke on the song:".....
"Street Spirit is our purest song, but I didn't write it. It wrote itself. We were just its messengers; its biological catalysts. Its core is a complete mystery to me, and, you know, I wouldn't ever try to write something that hopeless. All of our saddest songs have somewhere in them at least a glimmer of resolve. Street Spirit has no resolve. It is the dark tunnel without the light at the end. It represents all tragic emotion that is so hurtful that the sound of that melody is its only definition. We all have a way of dealing with that song. It's called detachment. Especially me; I detach my emotional radar from that song, or I couldn't play it. I'd crack. I'd break down on stage. That's why its lyrics are just a bunch of mini-stories or visual images as opposed to a cohesive explanation of its meaning. I used images set to the music that I thought would convey the emotional entirety of the lyric and music working together. That's what's meant by 'all these things are one to swallow whole'. I meant the emotional entirety, because I didn't have it in me to articulate the emotion. I'd crack..."
For more Radiohead visit The Def 1000 Songs Number 640
This song has a crowbarred rating of 90.3 out of 108

Search Artist here
1-2-3-A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z
By The Year 1955 to 2005:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home