Monday, December 17, 2007

MM Vol 1 - 022 - Vertical Horizon


MM Vol 1 #022


Vertical Horizon

"You're A God"

(1999)
.
.
Genre:Alt Rock
print available @ inflexible
Back in Number 059 i was declaring my lurve for this band, so why wouldn't you be expecting to see more songs by Vertical Horizon? Exactly. Hell, they even made "The Definitive 1000 Songs of all Time" at Number 697. I took a quick trip to their website http://www.verticalhorizon.com/ to see whats new. Well, they now a MySpace web page for you to visit (they have 49000 friends!) and they left a letter for you to read from May of this year ..... So to all the Vertical fans out there, here ya go ..........

May 1, 2007
Hello everyone,
It's been too long since I last checked in, but I've been thinking about you all a lot, so maybe the thought counts? Anyway...Today is a very important day. It is a day when you can stand up to be counted on the side of all things good and true in the world. When you can raise your voice and speak out for the purity and beauty of personal expression, of love and peace and harmony, and in celebration of the most kick-ass rock band ever. Yes, you can hightail it out to your local record store and buy the new Rush album, Snakes and Arrows.
Just trust me on this one.
There's a song on there called The Way The Wind Blows that is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard. I get goosebumps just thinking about it now. The album sounds fantastic – Alex' guitar playing is stellar, Geddy's vocals and bass playing are stunning, Neil's lyrics are insightful, thought-provoking and inspiring, and his drumming is, in my opinion, the most powerful drum performance of his career. Big words, yes, but this record is that good.
Trust me. Get excited. Get inspired. Get in your car and get this record. Remember how it feels to be enthralled by the music? When you wake up in the morning just so you can hear that song again? I want the good guys to win in this world. Good guys who make GREAT records. Records we can love.I LOVE THIS RECORD. And I'm standing up for it.Thanks for checking in. I'll have more news on our new record soon. But today is all about my friends' new masterpiece.
Best,
Matt
Listen to The Way The Wind Blows
Well, i will be checking that out. www.artistdirect.com gave it 4 stars so it must be worth a listen. Oh by the way Vertical Horizon if your reading this ..... New Zealand is a really nice place to visit. HINT HINT.
This song has a crowbarred rating of 85.4 out of 108 pts

Search Artist here
1-2-3-A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z
By The Year 1955 to 2005:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home